March 6th - 12th, 2022 is Severe Weather Preparedness Week in North Carolina. This week the National Weather Service and the North Carolina Department of Public Safety are teaming up to bring this severe weather safety campaign to all of North Carolina’s residents. With warmer weather quickly approaching, now is the time to prepare for the severe weather season. If each North Carolina resident would take a few moments this week to learn about severe weather safety and implement a safety plan, then we would all be better off when severe thunderstorms and tornadoes inevitably strike our state and the likelihood of injury and fatalities caused by severe weather could be minimized.
- Sunday: Introduction
- Monday: Severe thunderstorms and tornadoes
- Tuesday: Severe Weather Alerts
- Wednesday: Staying safe when high winds, hail, and tornadoes strike
- Thursday: Lightning safety
- Friday: Flash flood safety
- Saturday: Make a plan and encourage others to do the same