Be Prepared - Get a PLAN!
The primary hazards from hurricanes are storm surge flooding, inland flooding from heavy rains, destructive winds, tornadoes, and high surf and rip currents. While hurricanes pose the greatest threat to life and property, tropical storms and depressions can also be devastating. Flooding from heavy rains can cause extensive damage and loss of life.
The Time to Prepare is NOW!
What should you do to prepare for a hurricane? Get a plan!
As a committed leader for weather-readiness, each day during the preparedness week the NWS will be highlighting ways individuals can prepare for the hurricane season by knowing their risks and taking action. Scroll down to view each day's topic, or use these quick links:
- Sunday: Determine your risk
- Monday: Storm Surge & Develop an evacuation plan
- Tuesday: High Winds & Secure an insurance check-up
- Wednesday: Inland Flooding & Assemble disaster supplies
- Thursday: Strengthen your home
- Friday: Rip Currents & Identify your trusted sources of information
- Saturday: Complete your written hurricane plan
- Additional Resources and Links